The Smalltalk Renaissance Program is a time-limited campaign with specific objectives. Once those objectives are achieved, the campaign is essentially completed. However, Smalltalk Renaissance is working alongside with the Smalltalk Foundation to continue with the growth of both the language and its community long after the campaign is over.
The Smalltalk Foundation’s members and advisors include such luminaries as Georg Heeg, Leandro Caniglia, Andrés Valloud, Stéphane Ducasse, and Jannik Laval. They have an extensive agenda to foster innovation, encourage commercial use, expand Smalltalk programming education, showcase artistry through Smalltalk technology, and compose a multimedia history of Smalltalk.
The Smalltalk Foundation’s plans for 2015 include the following:
- help organize Camp Smalltalk
- help organize Camp Smalltalk for Kids
- update Wikipedia for Smalltalk entries
- publish an electronic newsletter
- initiate programming competitions for schools, universities, and industry
- create a Smalltalk travelling exhibit
- create an online art gallery
- initiate Smalltalk art competitions
Like the SRP, the Smalltalk Foundation will continue to seek corporate and government support.
If you would like to be involved in any of the above plans, please contact Smalltalk Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. They need volunteers.